Laser hair removal is a gentle way to permanently remove unwanted hair. The procedure works by sending low power laser pulses to the hair follicles. These pulses provide just enough power to destroy the root but not harm surrounding areas of skin. This procedure is safe enough to be used anywhere on the body including the face when done by a qualified professional.
Some of the factors to consider when deciding whether laser hair removal is right for you are:
- Skin color-for best results hair should be darker than the surrounding skin.
- Very dark skin may absorb to much of the lasers energy so the treatment may not work.
- The procedure works better when skin is not tanned and tanning should be avoided immediately after the procedure
- side effects which include minor skin irritations and very rarely scarring
- Cost- depends on the amount of removal desired
Many providers of Laser Hair Removal procedures offer free consultations which can provide you with any additional information you may need.