Building a Web Site For Dummies, 3rd Edition
Building a Web Site For Dummies, 3rd Edition
Rated By: 1011 Users
Added On: 25-Feb-2011
Download Building a Web Site For Dummies, 3rd Edition
Category: Web Building
EBook Description: Whether you’re in the preliminary stages of planning a site or you’re looking to improve the look of an existing site, this reference book covers it all. Now updated with the latest site tools, design techniques, and commerce options, this new edition of the bestseller offers a solid framework for building a Web site from scratch. Packed with all the essentials to help make your site the best it can be, this resource goes beyond just basic design and page building to show you how to incorporate both of those elements into a successful site.
Veteran author David Crowder spills the secrets to planning and creating an effective site from the ground up. You’ll decipher ways to transform a bunch of seemingly random web pages into a coherent web site and you’ll discover myriad ways to make your site look and sound amazing.
This updated third edition features content on designing with CSS, using the latest version of Dreamweaver, and applying Web analytics and promotion techniques. In addition, the book covers topics such as:
- Keeping a site fresh and exciting
- Designing a look that appeals to your intended audience
- Determining your Web page structure
- Incorporating color, images, graphics, music, and video
- Merging CSS and HTML
- Planning usable navigation
- Providing guestbooks and message boards
- Designing for e-commerce
- Getting set up with PayPal, Google Checkout, E-cash, etc.
The accompanying CD-ROM provides trial versions of software that is used in the book as well as sample templates and graphics for Web building. Once you start referring to Building a Web Site For Dummies, 3rd Edition, you’ll wonder how you ever existed without this invaluable information!
|Similar eBooks: eBooks related to Building a Web Site For Dummies, 3rd Edition
Building Social Web Applications
Building a web application that attracts and retains regular visitors is tricky enough, but creating a social application that encourages visitors to interact with one another requires careful planning. This book provides practical solutions to the tough questions you''ll face when building an effective community site -- one that makes visitors feel like they''ve found a new home on the Web.
If your company is ready to take part in the social web, this book will help you get started. Whether you''re creating a new site from scratch or reworking an existing site, Building Social Web Applications helps you choose the tools appropriate for your audience so you can build an infrastructure that will promote interaction and help the community coalesce. You''ll also learn about business models for various social web applications, with examples of member-driven, customer-service-driven, and contributor-driven sites.
* Determine who will be drawn to your site, why they''ll stay, and who they''ll interact with
* Create visual design that clearly communicates how your site works
* Build the software you need versus plugging in one-size-fits-all, off-the-shelf apps
* Manage the identities of your visitors and determine how to support their interaction
* Monitor demand from the community to guide your choice of new functions
Free Building Flash Web Sites
You can get Flash-y with your Web site -- here's how!
Know your audience, plan your site, and make it both interactive and cool
Gone are the days when you could get by with a boring Web site. With Flash, you can add interactivity, video, an exciting and easy-to-navigate interface, and eye candy like custom cursors and flying text. This friendly guide makes Flash fun and easy, so you can have your site up and running in no time.
Building Web Apps for Google TV
By integrating the Web with traditional TV, Google TV offers developers an important new channel for content. But creating apps for Google TV requires learning some new skills—in fact, what you may already know about mobile or desktop web apps isn’t entirely applicable. Building Web Apps for Google TV will help you make the transition to Google TV as you learn the tools and techniques necessary to build sophisticated web apps for this platform.
This book shows you how Google TV works, how it fits into the web ecosystem, and what the opportunities are for delivering rich content to millions of households.
* Discover the elements of a compelling TV web app, and what comprises TV-friendly navigation
* Learn the fundamentals for designing the 10-foot user experience
* Work with the Google Chrome browser on a TV display, and migrate an existing site
* Use examples for developing a TV web app, including the UI, controls, and scrolling
* Understand how to optimize, deliver, and protect video content for Google TV
* Help users discover your content by optimizing your site for Search—especially videos
Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies
Want to launch a Web site but don't know where to begin? Information on Web design, page building software, using HTML, site planning, and everything else you need to know can be found easily in Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition. So you can easily find what you're looking for, this plain-English guide is divided into nine minibooks:
Mining Google Web Services: Building Applications with the Google API
Virtually everyone sees Google as, hands down, the best online search tool. Now you can use and improve on Google technology in your own applications.
* Improving the speed and accuracy of searches
* Performing data mining across the Internet
* Using Google Web Services to search a single website
* Building search applications for mobile devices
* Using caching techniques to improve application performance and reliability
* Analyzing Google data
* Creating searches for users with special needs
* Discovering new uses for Google
* Obtaining historical data using cached pages
* Performing spelling checks on any text
* Reducing the number of false search hits
Whether your goal is to improve your own searches or share specialized search capabilities with others, this is the one resource that will see you through the job from start to finish.
AJAX and PHP Building Responsive Web Applications
There is a newer edition of this title available. Search for: Building Modern Web Applications 2nd Edition
- Build a solid foundation for your next generation of web applications
- Leverage the power of PHP and MySQL to create powerful back-end functionality and make it work in harmony with the smart AJAX client
- Go through numerous case studies that demonstrate how to implement AJAX-enabled features in your site such as: real-time form validation, online chat, suggest & autocomplete, whiteboard, SVG realtime charting, whiteboard, web data grid, RSS reader, drag & drop
Building a Web Site For Dummies
If you're just getting your feet wet in Web site construction, the first big hurdle is figuring out where to start. Building a Web Site for Dummies lightens things up with humor and makes the challenge of building a site far less daunting.This book doesn't zoom you right into coding HTML, although it covers the markup language quite well. Instead, it offers a much higher-level look at site design by examining the general questions of navigation principles, affiliation possibilities, building communications with your users, and other wide-ranging topics. For this reason, the book covers a lot of ground and offers a broad perspective on site design that transcends simple page coding....
Building a Web Site For Dummies 4th Edition (2010)
The bestselling guide to building a knockout Web site, newly updated. An effective Web site is the key to success for every venture from class reunions to major corporations. And since Web technology changes rapidly, Building a Web Site For Dummies, 4th Edition is fully updated for the cutting-edge tools and trends. If you need to build and maintain a Web site, even if your experience is severely limited, this book makes it easy and fun. You'll learn to plan, design, create, launch, and maintain your site using the most up-to-date tools.
Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies
Want to launch a Web site but don't know where to begin? Information on Web design, page building software, using HTML, site planning, and everything else you need to know can be found easily in Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition. So you can easily find what you're looking for, this plain-English guide is divided into nine minibooks.
Strategies for Building High Performance Web Applications
BUILD RELIABLE, SCALABLE, ENTERPRISE CLASS WEB APPLICATIONS WITH AJAX
Writing for enterprise developers, architects, and user interface specialists, the authors explain why AJAX offers such great promise in large scale development.
Next, they systematically introduce todays key AJAX techniques and components.
You will walk through developing frameworks for building AJAX applications that combine data tables, Web forms, charts, search, and filtering: the very systems businesses depend on in CRM, ERP, BI, and beyond. Then, building on this strong foundation, the authors identify proven AJAX architectural patterns, and present case studies drawn from actual .NET and JavaAJAX applications. Coverge includes
Using AJAX to implement Model View Controller (MVC) in the browser
Encapsulating user interface functionality to facilitate code reuse and reduce cross browser development problems
Overcoming the unique security challenges associated with AJAX Web applications
Optimizing AJAX usability: the back button, caching, bookmarking, offline usage, and beyond
From security to scalability to project risk, this is the only book to cover all the issues facing AJAX developers in the enterprise. Whether youre migrating legacy HTML interfaces or building new applications from scratch, youll find it absolutely indispensable.
Building a Web Site For Dummies, 3rd Edition - Free eBook Building a Web Site For Dummies, 3rd Edition - Download ebook Building a Web Site For Dummies, 3rd Edition free