PHP, MySQL and Apache
PHP, MySQL and Apache
Rated By: 1043 Users
Added On: 15-Jul-2011
Download PHP, MySQL and Apache
EBook Description: This book teaches the reader to install, configure and set up the PHP scripting language, the MySQL database system, and the Apache Web server. By the end of this book the reader will understand how these technologies work, and more importantly, how they work together to create a dynamic Web site. After creating a simple Web site using these tools, the reader will be able to manage a simple mailing list, and to create an online address book, shopping cart, and storefront. Sams Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL and Apache in 24 Hours also teaches the reader how to fine-tune Apache and MySQL, and covers simple Web server security
|Similar eBooks: eBooks related to PHP, MySQL and Apache
AJAX and PHP Building Responsive Web Applications
There is a newer edition of this title available. Search for: Building Modern Web Applications 2nd Edition
- Build a solid foundation for your next generation of web applications
- Leverage the power of PHP and MySQL to create powerful back-end functionality and make it work in harmony with the smart AJAX client
- Go through numerous case studies that demonstrate how to implement AJAX-enabled features in your site such as: real-time form validation, online chat, suggest & autocomplete, whiteboard, SVG realtime charting, whiteboard, web data grid, RSS reader, drag & drop
PHP Solutions Dynamic Web Design
You want to make your websites more dynamic by adding a feedback form, creating a private area where members can upload images that are automatically resized, or perhaps storing all your content in a database.
The problem is, you are not a programmer and the thought of writing code sends a chill up your spine. Or maybe youve dabbled a bit in PHP and MySQL, but you cant get past baby steps. If this describes you, then youve just found the right book. PHP and the MySQL database are deservedly the most popular combination for creating dynamic websites. Theyre free, easy to use, and provided by many web hosting companies in their standard packages. Unfortunately, most PHP books either expect you to be an expert already or force you to go through endless exercises of little practical value. In contrast, this book gives you real value right away through a series of practical examples that you can incorporate directly into your sites, optimizing performance and adding functionality such as file uploading, email feedback forms, image galleries, content management systems, and much more. Each solution is created with not only functionality in mind, but also visual design. But this book doesnt just provide a collection of ready made scripts: each PHP Solution builds on whats gone before, teaching you the basics of PHP and database design quickly and painlessly. By the end of the book, youll have the confidence to start writing your own scripts or if you prefer to leave that task to othersto adapt existing scripts to your own requirements. Right from the start, youre shown how easy it is to protect your sites by adopting secure coding practices. The book has been written with an eye on forward and backward compatibilityrecommending the latest PHP 5 techniques, but providing alternative solutions for servers still running PHP 4.3. All database examples demonstrate how to use the original MySQL extension, MySQL Improved, or the PHP Data Objects (PDO) introduced in PHP 5.1, letting you choose the most suitable option for your setup.
Summary of Contents:
Oriented Programming in PHP
“ We start at the very beginning
* What is a class? What is an object?
* What are the differences between the two? Are they the same?
* How to create your first class.
* Understand the syntax.
And then, slowly, we move on to more in depth reviews of:
* The Static Keyword
* Child classes
* Converting a procedural based set of functions into a reusable class.
* Why it’s essential to properly document core code with DocBlocks.
The series concludes as we build a MySQL database wrapper class from scratch.
Along the way, we’ll learn the pitfalls of creating such classes,
and why it’s extremely important to leave all specifics outside of your class.
The Full Series
1. Chapter 1 – Introduction and OOP First Steps
2. Chapter 2 – What are Objects and Classes. What’s the relationship between the two.
3. Chapter 3 – How to Perfectly Document your Code with DocBlocks
4. Chapter 4 – What is Encapsulation
5. Chapter 5 – The Static Keyword
6. Chapter 6 – Inheritance / Creating Child Classes
7. Chapter 7 – Building a MySQL Wrapper Class (Parts 1 and 2)
8. Chapters 8-11 – Building a MySQL DB Class from Scratch
PHP & MySQL For Dummies
Here's what Web designers need to know to create dynamic, database-driven Web sites To be on the cutting edge, Web sites need to serve up HTML, CSS, and products specific to the needs of different customers using different browsers. An effective e-commerce site gathers information about users and provides information they need to get the desired result.
PHP scripting language with a MySQL back-end database offers an effective way to design sites that meet these requirements. This full updated 4th Edition of PHP & MySQL For Dummies gets you quickly up to speed, even if your experience is limited.
* Explains the easy way to install and set up PHP and MySQL using XAMPP, so it works the same on Linux, Mac, and Windows
* Shows you how to secure files on a Web host and how to write secure code
* Packed with useful and understandable code examples for Web site creators who are not professional programmers
* Fully updated to ensure your code will be compliant based on PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.1.31
* Provides clear, accurate code examples
PHP Builder - Ecommerce Course
The E - Commerce Web Site we will be assembling is one in which all of the inventory is in a MySQL database and we offer a custom PHP cart for a unique shopping experience. It is a site that handles sales, customers, and inventory.
PHP Builder – Ecommerce Course
The E – Commerce Web Site we will be assembling is one in which all of the inventory is in a MySQL database and we offer a custom PHP cart for a unique shopping experience. It is a site that handles sales, customers, and inventory.
PHP and MySQL
VTC Learn Php
01 - Welcome; What Is PHP.mov
02 - Data Flow.mov
03 - What You'll Need.mov
04 - Scripting Vs. Viewing.mov
05 - Your First Script.mov
06 - Embedding PHP within HTML.mov
07 - Variables.mov
08 - Operators.mov
09 - Introducing Conditionals; 'if' And Conditional Operators.mov
10 - Logical Operators.mov
11 - Using 'else' And 'elseif'.mov
12 - Multiple Choices; 'Switch...case...break'.mov
13 - The Concise Conditional; 'Question mark'.mov
14 - Repetition The 'for' Loop.mov
15 - 'while' And 'do..while' Loops.mov
16 - Get Me Out Of Here! 'break' And 'exit'.mov
17 - Introduction To Arrays.mov
18 - Referencing And Sorting Arrays.mov
In this course, we cover developing web sites using PHP, a widely used scripting language. Learn PHP from the basics through to advanced level using our PHP video tutorial library.
Beginner PHP Video Tutorials
he E Commerce Web Site we will be assembling is one in which all of the inventory is in a MySQL database and we offer a custom PHP cart for a unique shopping experience. It is a site that handles sales, customers, and inventory.
PHP, MySQL and Apache - Free eBook PHP, MySQL and Apache - Download ebook PHP, MySQL and Apache free