Latest 50 Free EBooks for Download
Java Concepts: Compatible with Java 5, 6 and 7
- This book introduces programmers to objects at a gradual pace. The syntax boxes are revised to show typical code examples rather than abstract notation. This includes optional example modules using Alice and Greenfoot. The examples feature annotations with dos and don'ts along with cross references to more detailed explanations in the text. New tables show a large number of typical and cautionary examples. New programming and review problems are also presented that ensure a broad coverage of topics. In addition, Java 7 features are included to provide programmers with the most up-to-date information.
|1/23/2013 3:53:50 PM
Java 7 for Absolute Beginners (For Absolute Beginners Apress)
- Java 7 Programming for Absolute Beginners introduces the new core, open source Java Development Kit. Its focus is on practical knowledge and its completeness��it provides all the bits and pieces an utter novice needs to get started programming in Java.
It seems as if everyone is writing applications or apps these days for Android, BlackBerry, and the enterprise��it's where the money's at. But, how do they do it? Well, it's best to start by learning Java, one of the most popular programming languages around these days, still. Yes, that's right.
|1/23/2013 3:53:18 PM
Java: Practical Guide for Programmers
- If you re an experienced programmer you already have a rock-solid foundation for learning Java. All you need is a resource that takes your experience into account and explains Java s key principles and techniques in an intelligent efficient way.
|1/23/2013 3:52:41 PM
The important stuff you need to know:
|1/23/2013 3:48:35 PM
Pro Spring 3
- The agile, lightweight, open-source Spring Framework continues to be the de facto leading enterprise Java application development framework for today's Java programmers and developers. It works with other leading open-source, agile and lightweight Java technologies like Hibernate, Groovy, MyBatis, and more. Spring now also works with Java EE and JPA 2 as well.
|1/23/2013 3:48:02 PM
Java: How to Program, 8th International Edition
- "The [arrays] exercises are quite sophisticated and interesting. Provides the best combination of conceptual discussion and implementation examples of dynamic binding that I have encountered in a text. Excellent overview of basic networking via Java. Provides the perfect breadth and depth for generics in an entry-level Java class. Provides a good segue into a data structures course - the exercises are excellent." - Ric Heishman, George Mason University
"Beautiful collections of exercises�Ca nice illustration of how to use Java libraries to generate impressive and stimulating graphics with minimal code and effort. I found the "Making a Difference"exercises to be very nice and tactfully presented." - Amr Sabry, Indiana University
"A comprehensive introduction to programming in Java that covers all major areas of the platform. To me, the best way to understand programming is by example, and this book contains copious, well-described sample code.
|1/23/2013 3:47:20 PM
Practical Database Programming with Java
- Covers fundamental and advanced Java database programming techniques for beginning and experienced readers
This book covers the practical considerations and applications in database programming using Java NetBeans IDE, JavaServer Pages, JavaServer Faces, and Java Beans, and comes complete with authentic examples and detailed explanations.
|1/23/2013 3:46:39 PM
Expert Oracle and Java Security: Programming Secure Oracle Database Applications With Java
- Expert Oracle and Java Security: Programming Secure Oracle Database Applications with Java provides resources that every Java and Oracle database application programmer needs to ensure that they have guarded the security of the data and identities entrusted to them. You'll learn to consider potential vulnerabilities, and to apply best practices in secure Java and PL/SQL coding. Author David Coffin shows how to develop code to encrypt data in transit and at rest, to accomplish single sign-on with Oracle proxy connections, to generate and distribute two-factor authentication tokens from the Oracle server using pagers, cell phones (SMS), and e-mail, and to securely store and distribute Oracle application passwords.
Early chapters lay the foundation for effective security in an Oracle/Java environment. Each of the later chapters brings example code to a point where it may be applied as-is to address application security issues. Templates for applications are also provided to help you bring colleagues up to the same secure application standards. If you are less familiar with either Java or Oracle PL/SQL, you will not be left behind; all the concepts in this book are introduced as to a novice and addressed as to an expert.
|1/23/2013 3:45:59 PM
A Programmer's Guide to Java SCJP Certification: A Comprehensive Primer
- This book will help you prepare for and pass the Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform SE 6 (CX-310-065) Exam. It is written for any experienced programmer (with or without previous knowledge of Java) interested in mastering the Java programming language and passing the SCJP 1.6 Exam.
|1/23/2013 3:19:05 PM
Ivor Horton's Beginning Java
- Find out why thousands have turned to Ivor Horton for learning Java
Ivor Horton's approach is teaching Java is so effective and popular that he is one of the leading authors of introductory programming tutorials, with over 160,000 copies of his Java books sold. In this latest edition, whether you're a beginner or an experienced programmer switching to Java, you'll learn how to build real-world Java applications using Java SE 7. The author thoroughly covers the basics as well as new features such as extensions and classes; extended coverage of the Swing Application Framework; and he does it all in his unique, highly accessible style that beginners love.
|1/23/2013 11:53:19 AM
|1/23/2013 11:52:50 AM
- For undergraduate students in Computer Science and Computer Programming courses. Praised for providing an engaging balance of thoughtful examples and explanatory discussion, best-selling author Walt Savitchs explain concepts and techniques in a straightforward style using understandable language and code enhanced by a suite of pedagogical tools. Absolute Java is appropriate for both introductory and intermediate programming courses introducing Java.
|1/23/2013 11:52:20 AM
Absolute Java (5th Edition)
- This book is designed to serve as a textbook and reference for programming in the Java language. For undergraduate students in Computer Science and Computer Programming courses. Praised for providing an engaging balance of thoughtful examples and explanatory discussion, best-selling author Walt Savitchs explain concepts and techniques in a straightforward style using understandable language and code enhanced by a suite of pedagogical tools. AThis book is appropriate for both introductory and intermediate programming courses introducing Java.
|1/23/2013 11:51:44 AM
Java Programming Fundamentals
- While Java texts are plentiful, it��s difficult to find one that takes a real-world approach, and encourages novice programmers to build on their Java skills through practical exercise. Written by an expert with 19 experience teaching computer programming, Java Programming Fundamentals presents object-oriented programming by employing examples taken from everyday life.
Provides a foundation in object-oriented design principles and UML notation
Describes common pitfalls and good programming practices
Furnishes supplemental links, documents, and programs on its companion website,
|1/23/2013 11:50:53 AM
|1/23/2013 11:50:25 AM
|1/23/2013 11:49:52 AM
Will Iverson, "Apache Jakarta Commons: Reusable Java Components"
- The Apache Jakarta Commons project is a collection of freely-reusable, opensource Java components. Commons components are used in a wide variety ofprojects, including Apache Tomcat, Hibernate, and many other commercialand open source projects.This book is a Java developer's guide to the Apache Jakarta Commons project.It covers in detail the twelve most important Commons packages, with sampleprogram code provided for each.
|1/23/2013 11:49:22 AM
|1/23/2013 11:32:30 AM
|1/23/2013 11:31:37 AM
|1/23/2013 11:29:51 AM
Java Programming, 5th edition
- Java Programming, Fifth Edition provides the beginning programmer with a guide to developing applications using the Java programming language. Java is popular among professional programmers because it can be used to build visually interesting GUI and Web-based applications. Java also provides an excellent environment for the beginning programmer - a student quickly can build useful programs while learning the basics of structured and object-oriented programming techniques.
|1/23/2013 11:28:02 AM
Java Foundations: Introduction to Program Design & Data Structures (2nd Edition)
- Inspired by the success of their best-selling introductory programming text, Java Software Solutions, authors Lewis, DePasquale, and Chase now release Java Foundations, Second Edition. This text is a comprehensive resource for instructors who want a two-or three-semester introduction to programming textbook that includes detail on data structures topics. Java Foundations introduces a Software Methodology early on and revisits it throughout to ensure students develop sound program development skills from the beginning. Control structures are covered before writing classes, providing a solid foundation of fundamental concepts and sophisticated topics.
|1/23/2013 11:24:51 AM
Data Structures & Problem Solving Using Java
- The book teaches two things. Algorithms that are very useful in computing. And how these can be coded in Java.
The explanation of the algorithms requires a reasonable amount of mathematical sophistication on your part. They all relate to discrete maths, and cover topics like sorting, random number generation and graphs. The complexity of the discussion is less than that in Knuth's "Art of Computer Programming". Perhaps more akin to Sedgewick or Aho's algorithms texts. There is a fair amount of abstraction that you'll have to deal with.
|1/23/2013 11:23:59 AM
Java Programming: From The Ground Up
- Java Programming, From The Ground Up, with its flexible organization, teaches Java in a way that is refreshing, fun, interesting and still has all the appropriate programming pieces for students to learn. The motivation behind this writing is to bring a logical, readable, entertaining approach to keep your students involved. Each chapter has a Bigger Picture section at the end of the chapter to provide a variety of interesting related topics in computer science.
The writing style is conversational and not overly technical so it addresses programming concepts appropriately. Because of the flexibile organization of the text, it can be used for a one or two semester introductory Java programming class, as well as using Java as a second language.
The text contains a large variety of carefully designed exercises that are more effective than the competition.
|1/23/2013 11:22:31 AM
|1/23/2013 11:08:07 AM
Ext JS 4 Web Application Development Cookbook
- Over 110 easy-to-follow recipes backed up with real-life examples, walking you through basic Ext JS features to advanced application design using Sencha's Ext JS with this book and ebook
|1/23/2013 11:07:17 AM
Sams Teach Yourself jQuery Mobile in 24 Hours
- jQuery Mobile makes it easy for developers to add "native" mobile functionality to their sites and applications, delivering seamless experiences to customers using diverse mobile devices, all from a single code base.
|1/23/2013 11:06:36 AM
Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies (3 edition)
- One of the most popular beginning programming books, now fully updated
Java is a popular language for beginning programmers, and earlier editions of this fun and friendly guide have helped thousands get started. Now fully revised to cover recent updates for Java 7.0, Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies, 3rd Edition is certain to put more first-time programmers and Java beginners on the road to Java mastery.
|1/23/2013 11:04:48 AM
Java EE 6 Pocket Guide
The Java Enterprise Edition 6 platform provides capabilities that make it easier for Java programmers to develop and deploy enterprise and Web applications. This handy guide provides an overview of the main technologies in the Java EE 6 platform, including extensive easy-to-understand code samples that demonstrate many improvements.
|1/23/2013 11:04:14 AM
|1/23/2013 11:03:20 AM
Beginning JSP, JSF and Tomcat: Java Web Development, 2 edition
- Start building Java Cbased web applications now, even if youre a complete newcomer to Java. Comprehensive and exampleCdriven, Beginning JSP, JSF, and Tomcat: Java Web Development, Second Edition is all you need to develop dynamic Java-based web applications using JSP, connect to databases with JSF, and put them into action using the worlds most popular open source Java web server, Apache Tomcat.
|1/23/2013 11:02:11 AM
Programming Wireless Devices with the Java(TM) 2 Platform
- Provides programmers an introduction to the Java 2 platform, Micro edition, with a general description of wireless technology, an overview of the J2ME platform, and information on the small-footprint K machine. Features numerous sample applications, including a Sokoban game application.
|1/23/2013 11:01:29 AM
Java 2: The Complete Reference
- This book is the most complete and up-to-date resource on Java from programming guru, Herb Schildt a must-have desk reference for every Java programmer.
|1/23/2013 11:00:47 AM
OSGi in Action: Creating Modular Applications in Java
- What is OSGi? Simply put, OSGi is a standardized technology that allows developers to create the highly modular Java applications that are required for enterprise development. OSGi lets you install, start, stop, update, or uninstall components without taking down your entire system. The interest in OSGibased applications has exploded since major vendors like Sun, Spring, Oracle, BEA, and IBM have gotten behind the standard.
|1/23/2013 10:59:43 AM
|1/23/2013 10:43:31 AM
HTML & CSS: The Good Parts
- HTML and CSS are the workhorses of web design, and using them together to build consistent, reliable web pages requires both skill and knowledge. The task is more difficult if you're relying on outdated, confusing, and unnecessary HTML hacks and workarounds. Author Ben Henick shows you how to avoid those traps by going beyond the standard tips, tricks, and techniques to connect the underlying theory and design of HTML and CSS to your everyday work habits.
|1/12/2013 3:41:25 PM
Create Stunning HTML Email
- Create Stunning HTML Email That Just Works is a step-by-step guide to creating beautiful HTML emails that consistently work. It begins with an introduction to email covering topics such as: how email design differs from web design; permission based marketing, and the anatomy of an email.<br><br>The book shows the reader how to plan, design, and build gorgeous HTML email designs that look great in every email program: Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail, etc. All-important tasks like legal requirements, testing, spam compliance and known hacks and workarounds are covered.
|1/12/2013 3:41:03 PM
|1/12/2013 3:39:49 PM
Canvas Pocket Reference
Canvas Pocket Reference provides both a tutorial that covers all of the element's features with plenty of examples and a definitive reference to each of the Canvas-related classes, methods, and properties.
|1/12/2013 3:38:56 PM
HTML5: Up and Running
QR code - HTML5: Up and Running
If you don't know about the new features available in HTML5, now's the time to find out. This book provides practical information about how and why the latest version of this markup language will significantly change the way you develop for the Web.
HTML5 is still evolving, yet browsers such as Safari, Mozilla, Opera, and Chrome already support many of its features - and mobile browsers are even farther ahead. HTML5: Up & Running carefully guides you though the important changes in this version with lots of hands-on examples, including markup, graphics, and screenshots. You'll learn how to use HTML5 markup to add video, offline capabilities, and more - and you'll be able to put that functionality to work right away.
|1/12/2013 3:38:11 PM
|1/12/2013 3:38:03 PM
What Is HTML5?
- HTML5: Everyone's using it, nobody knows what it is. I realize that sounds more like a line out of an existential movie - maybe Waiting for Godot or a screenplay by Sartre - than a statement about HTML5. But it's really the truth: most of the people using HTML5 are treating it as HTML4+, or even worse, HTML4 (and some stuff they don't use). The result? A real delay in the paradigm shift that HTML5 is almost certain to bring. It's certainly not time to look away, because by the time you look back, you may have missed something really important: a subtle but important transition centered around HTML5.
|1/12/2013 3:36:16 PM
Dreamweaver CS5.5 Mobile and Web Development with HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery
- Create web pages in Dreamweaver using the latest technology and approach. Add multimedia and interactivity to your websites. Optimize your websites for a wide range of platforms and build mobile apps with Dreamweaver. A practical guide filled with many examples for making the best use of Dreamweaver's latest features.
|1/12/2013 3:35:36 PM
HTML5 Game Programming
- HTML5 will transform web and mobile gaming. As new browsers rapidly adopt it, HTML5 will do everything "legacy" technologies such as Flash and Silverlight have done - and much more. In Learning HTML5 Game Programming, pioneering developer James L. Williams gives you all the knowledge, code, and insights you'll need to get started fast!
Williams combines detailed explanations of HTML5's key innovations with examples, including two case study applications that address the entire development process.
|1/12/2013 3:35:03 PM
HTML5 Step by Step
- Experience learning made easy - and quickly teach yourself how to create Web pages with the HTML5 specification. With Step by Step, you set the pace - building and practicing the skills you need, just when you need them!<br><br>Use a division-based layout to structure your Web pages; Include menu bars and hyperlinks for clear navigation; Apply colors, font sizes, and other formatting with CSS; Add graphics, sound, and video to your pages; Use the Canvas tag to render visual images on the fly; Build user-input forms with buttons, boxes, and menus
|1/12/2013 3:32:13 PM
- HTML is the predominant programming language used to create Web pages. HTML5 has enhanced rich media, geolocation, database and mobile capabilities, and is now able to script APIs, making it a must-have for Web developers. This convenient reference, comb-bound to lie flat, makes it easy to find the information you need in a hurry so you can get those terrific Web pages designed and online right now.
|1/12/2013 3:31:14 PM
Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS, 3rd Editio
- The 3rd edition of Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS is the perfect companion to help you accomplish this goal.
All you need is a computer with an internet connection and by the end of the book, you'll know how to build the site, obtain some hosting, promote the site, and keep it running once it's live.
|1/12/2013 3:12:04 PM
Pro HTML5 and CSS3 Design Patterns
- Pro HTML5 and CSS3 Design Patterns is a reference book and a cookbook on how to style web pages using CSS3 and HTML5. It contains 350 ready-to-use patterns (CSS3 and HTML5 code snippets) that you can copy and paste into your code. Each pattern can be combined with other patterns to create an unlimited number of solutions, and each pattern works reliably in all major browsers without the need for browser hacks.
|1/12/2013 3:03:00 PM
HTML5: The Missing Manual
- HTML5 is more than a markup language - it's a dozen independent web standards all rolled into one. Until now, all it's been missing is a manual. With this thorough, jargon-free guide, you'll learn how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic drawings, geolocation, offline web apps, drag-and-drop, and many other features. HTML5 is the future of the Web, and with this book you'll reach it quickly.
|1/12/2013 3:01:56 PM
|1/12/2013 3:01:30 PM